5 Kitchen Remodelling Ideas That Can Enhance Your Home Value
The kitchen is the most important room in your home. It’s the very heart of your home that brings warmth to family and friends that come together to socialise, eat and cook. A beautiful and functional kitchen ties your home and loved ones together, that’s why renovations are often focussed around the kitchen area. Although what are the long-term returns and investments from those renovations? How will your kitchen renovation be a helpful contributor to your home’s value?
To make the most out of your investment on kitchen renovations, you need to follow the basics and avoid the trends. Trends can be tempting, but today’s buyer is more informed than ever and want solid elements such as; counters, cabinets and good lighting rather than ever-changing trends. To help you get the most out of your kitchen renovations, we’ve put together a few basic remodelling ideas that will pay off in the long run:
- Update your Kitchen Cabinets – One thing that you never want to hear about your kitchen cabinets is that they are outdated! So, to get the maximum value on your renovation, put the cabinets on top of the list. Upgrading your kitchen cabinets doesn’t necessarily mean tearing out and replacing your old ones, it can be something as simple as painting your cabinets. To go a step up, you can replace the visually prominent areas – like cabinet doors and drawer fronts.
- Install a Bold Backsplash – The kitchen backsplash is a very smart element to add in terms of investment, as the initial cost is low while the visual impact is high. Metal tiles or shiny glass are sure to attract attention and can be installed easily. A colour-coordinated backsplash made of wood or wallpaper can make a vibrant visual impact and enhance minute details of the kitchen design.
- Add Beautiful Countertops – Though we have seen a fair share of countertops material come and go, the craze for a beautiful quartz finish continues to have no end. Besides a great timeless look, quartz is durable and virtually indestructible as it produces a very robust surface. However, quartz countertops are quite expensive so make sure your home’s sale price can support the upgrade.
- Hang Some Pendant Lights – Kitchen lighting is often ignored; however, the lighting of your kitchen can be a highlight if you choose the right type. Well-designed lighting doesn’t just brighten up your kitchen area, it becomes an object of attention. Recessed lighting and pendant lighting make a statement and are perfect for adding ample lighting to a wide-open space. With kitchen pendants, the advice is to go bold and big; just make sure to scale the size of the pendants to your kitchen.
- Paint your Kitchen – Picking the right colour for your kitchen not only makes for a lively, pleasant space but it is one element that can return great value. With nothing more than the cost of paint and a few tools, you can double up the wow factor of your kitchen. You can keep it timeless with an all-white kitchen colour scheme or take the opposite route by going chic with a bold coloured kitchen.
Renovating and making your kitchen look the best is an expensive investment- so make sure you design it in such a way that ensures the maximum return. If you are focussing on the design to reap long-term benefits, then focus on the mentioned points above. At DAMCO Kitchens, we have even more tips and advice for you to transform your boring-looking kitchen into an attractive one. To get started, get in touch with our team at (03) 9855 2310 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.